First things first

Before starting my adventure, I needed to do 2 things. Reorganize my lab space, and buy the necessary components. I wasn't quite ready to start my project, space-wise, as my office/lab was a mess and all my existing components were all thrown in various bins haphazardly. 

Step one, reorder the furniture and optimize my desk space. Easier said than done, but I managed to do it in less than a day. Keep in mind that my "office" was also a dumping ground for everything else in the apartment. So I made some hard choices on what had to go and what stayed, Mari Kondo style. It's not perfect, but it's a start. The following day, I sorted all my components, mostly because I was curious to find out what I had. And hold and behold, I had many unnecessary duplicates. That's what happens when you let me loose in my local electronics store without a shopping list or a plan.

Step two, order the components needed. I chose Mouser because they carried the WD65C02 microprocessor, something Digikey, nor did my go-to local electronics store, Abra Electronics carried. Parts received... but wait... I need something decent to prototype on. I currently have old and crappy breadboards, and if I'm to build a stable and expandable project, I need good ones. So I ordered 10x BusBoard BB830 breadboards.

Time to start!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TMS9918A and PS/2 Keyboard

To PLD or not to PLD

The dawn of a new adventure